A number of Android smartphones have already shipped with near field communication (NFC) and have already taken advantage of the applications of this technology with Google Wallet and Android Beam. However, it appears that Apple is also planning to include this capability in the next-generation iPhone.
These reports hint that Apple is planning to the enter the mobile payment arena and utilize the Passbook app that was recently unveiled.
The technology may also allow the iPhone 5 to be capable of wireless sharing features and other new NFC-based solutions.
Can Apple compete with Google Wallet and other similar services?
Related How Tos
- How To Personalize Your Iphone Wallpaper
- How To Upgrade Your Apple Iphone Firmware
- How To Watch Youtube Videos On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Replace The Cracked Screen Of An Iphone 3g
- How To Protect Your Iphone From Overheating
- How To Edit Video On Your Iphone 3gs
- How To Cut And Paste On The Iphone 3g S
- How To Wipe Your Iphone Memory
- How To Use Voice Memos App On Iphone 3gs
- How To Enable Mms On Apple Iphone 3g And 3gs