A new application for Android smartphones is currently on fire. The newly launched Instagram for Android has gained more than a million downloads in less than a day of being available.
This free application allows Android phone owners to transform images using filtered effects and borders. This app can produce images with a unique retro look. Instagram also allows instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare.
Here's a video that shows what this app can do:
Interestingly, some iPhone users appear to resent the launch of this imaging app to Android smartphones. The folks at Buzzfeed have collected some tweets by folks who are not pleased with the launch of this app at the Google Play market.
Will you download this app for your Android phone?
The downloads for the Instagram app for Android has now reached more than 5 million downloads after being available for less than one week. This impressive popularity is undoubtedly one of the factors that inspired Facebook to purchase the app for $1 billion.
Do you think that Facebook made the right decision? Share your thoughts via the comments.
Related How Tos
- How To Upload Outlook Contacts To Gmail And G1 Android Phone
- How To Replace The Battery Of The G1 Android Htc Phone
- How To Replace The Sim Card On The Tmobile Android G1 Google Phone
- How To Search And Install An Application From The Android Market
- How To Clear Your Defaults On An Android Phone
- How To Set An Application As Default On Your Android Phone
- How To Protect Your Sim Card With A Pin On An Android Phone
- How To Tether Android Smartphone For Free
- How To Request A Refund On An App From The Android Market
- How To Listen To Internet Radio On Android Smartphones Using Pandora