Here's another CDMA iPhone rumor. According to John Gruber of Daring Fireball the CDMA variant of the Apple iPhone 4 is codenamed N92. Gruber also revealed that the CDMA variant of the iPhone 4 is "certainly not in production yet, and hasn’t reached DVT status (device verification test — like Gray Powell’s infamous stolen unit), but it is, a few little birdies claim, at EVT (engineering verification test). That’s one step below DVT, which is one step below production. So it’s right about where you’d think it would be if it were scheduled to go on sale in January. The CDMA iPhone is no longer a cold storage, keep-it-alive-just-in-case-we-need-it project."
However, the CDMA variant of the iPhone 4 may not just be headed for Verizon Wireless since is not the only major CDMA carrier in the world. Previous rumors also indicate that T-Mobile might also launch the iPhone later this year.
Related How Tos
- How To Use An At&t Phone As A Wireless Modem
- How To Use Your Cell Phone As A Modem Over Sprint's Wireless Network
- How To Personalize Your Iphone Wallpaper
- How To Launch Google Maps On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Upgrade Your Apple Iphone Firmware
- How To Watch Youtube Videos On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Find A Cell Phone Discount On Verizon Wireless
- How To Replace The Cracked Screen Of An Iphone 3g
- How To Port Your Existing Number To Another Wireless Carrier
- How To Turn Your Cell Phone Into A Wireless Router