Submitted by Noe on Mon, 06/08/2009 - 14:24.
WWDC kicked off with a bang today as Apple introduced a new faster iPhone 3GS model, cut the price of the iPhone 3G to just $99 and announced the release date for their new OS 3.0
Keeping the same physical design as its predecessor the new iPhone 3GS has faster internals, and more storage, all in the same design. Apple claims navigating the device and launching applications is now two to three times faster than before. In addition to that, the 3GS now has a 3 megapixel camera with autofocus, a digital compass, increased data speeds, voice control (including dialing), and battery life is up by 25%. Storage was doubled while keeping the same price points, 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $299.
Apple dropped a huge bombshell by announcing they are keeping the standard iPhone 3G in the line up and dropping the price to only $99. This hits a new lower price point that has proved incredibly successful with consumers who've gobbled up similarly priced smartphones like the BlackBerry Curve once they dropped below the $100 mental barrier.
The new iPhone OS 3.0 will be available to all current iPhone customers as a free download on June 17th (as usual iPod touch owners will have to pay) and all the new hardware drops on June 19th.
More to come as we have it!
image via gdgt
Related How Tos
- How To Upload Outlook Contacts To Gmail And G1 Android Phone
- How To Personalize Your Iphone Wallpaper
- How To Launch Google Maps On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Upgrade Your Apple Iphone Firmware
- How To Watch Youtube Videos On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Replace The Cracked Screen Of An Iphone 3g
- How To Call Someone And Go Directly To Their Voicemail
- How To Decide Between Prepaid And Contract Plans
- How To Create A Music Playlist On Your Apple Iphone
- How To Delete And Remove Programs From Your Iphone